- Development Goals: To develop memorization skills
- Skills: Evasion and spatial awareness
Set Up: Designate an area that has objects that many students can run to and tag (i.e. basketball hoop, fence, grass and so on)
Before You Start:
- Demonstrate how to avoid other people when running towards the object you are trying to tag.
- Always keep your head up.
- You do not have to always go straight, move side to side to avoid running into other people.
- Explain the importance of being aware of yourself and others around you.
- Show them where the return location is after they tag all of the objects.
How to Play:
- The object of the game is to remember and tag all of the objects that I list off as quickly as you can and return to the designated area.
- When I say the magic work “banana” you will go and tag a basketball hoop, a fence, and something green. When you have tagged all of those objects return your home base before I finish counting down from 10.
- Make the students touch the objects with different parts of their bodies
- Make the children skip, hop, act like their favorite animal while tagging the objects
- Be mindful of the space you’re in and modify the directions based on its limitations. Instead of run, walk or hop. Choose objects to tag that aren’t breakable and won’t be overly congested.