- Development Goals: To increase social comfort, learn everyone’s name, and improve verbal and nonverbal communication
- Skills: Ro Sham Bo and following directions
Before You Start:
- Review the rules of Ro Sham Bo.
- Make sure everyone understands the rules and how they should support the person who won Ro Sham Bo.
How to Play:
- Group student into pairs.
- Have each partner group introduce themselves and play a round of Ro Sham Bo (or enough rounds to break a tie).
- The student who does not win becomes the winner’s cheerleader, following them and shouting ‘Go [name]!’
- The winner moves on to play another winning student.
- Each round, the winner advances to play again and the non-winners and any previous cheerleaders are now all cheering for that winner.
- The game continues this way until it is down to two players and the whole group is cheering for one or the other.
- Ro Sham Bo Champion
- Ro Sham Bo Cheerleader