- Development Goals: To build endurance and develop an understanding of the importance of having a healthy heart.
- Skills: Jogging, jumping, running, dribbling, and following instructions.
Equipment Needed: None (Optional: Jump rope, basketball and bench)
Set Up: Make four clearly designated stations.
Before You Start:
- Divide students into four separate groups and have them gather in designated areas.
- Walk through and demonstrate each station as you explain it verbally.
How to Play:
The students in station #1 will be asked to jog in place.
The students in station #2 will be asked to do jumping jacks.
The students in station #3 will be asked to jog in a large circle.
The students in station #4 will be asked to walk at a natural pace.
At the whistle, students do their station’s activity for one minute without stopping.
At the one-minute whistle, students switch stations and begin the next task for one minute without stopping.
- For more advanced students include such activities as jumping rope continuously, dribbling a ball while on the move, and stepping up and off a low bench.